Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer - Calgary
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who can work with all aspects of a website and application. As a programmer for LIS you will be maintaining and creating secure modern applications to fit the needs of LIS and the livestock industry. Working in a small office, you will be required to work independently and will be expected to generate new and creative ideas on how to improve the services and applications that LIS provides.
LIS strives to provide a positive and safe workplace for all employees, a harmonious attitude is strongly encouraged. As a smaller business, we require a strong work ethic and will provide resources and training when required. You will be reporting to the IT Manager and working together with the IT Department as a team.
- Maintaining websites and applications by improving, fixing and modernizing the databases and the code in the frontend & backend of these applications.
- Developing new applications and features to suit the needs of the company and the livestock industry.
- Follow best security practices when developing and maintaining applications.
- Testing & troubleshooting the applications you develop and maintain.
- Learn about new technologies related to your job in order to keep our applications up-to-date and modern.
- Helping in day-to-day tasks that need to be done within the company and the IT department, including providing technical support to staff when required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products & services.
- Visual Studio & ASP.NET.
- Backend programming: C# and/or Visual Basic programming.
- SQL Databases.
- Bootstrap Front-end framework.
- Ability to develop secure, modern and responsive web applications.
- Ability to develop secure applications for Windows operating systems.
- Microsoft Access (optional).